Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Becoming Mrs. D

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite a while now, that everyone can read. I want to be able to stay up to date with family and friends on what is going on in our lives. Now that Kamil and I are starting our life together I figured now was the best time.

I have now officially changed my name but not without some bumps in the road, and much frustration. I made it through Social Security just fine and even had a very nice woman help me out. But the DMV was awful. It took nearly 3 hours to get through the process of getting a New York license and to change my name. While on the subway heading back home I decided to look at my temporary license. I'm looking it over and realize my name is spelled WRONG!!! Are you kidding me? He never asked me to look it over but just handed it to me and said "next". I was upset and hungry and got very frustrated with Kamil. Sorry baby! He was trying to help, saying that he was sure I would be able to fix the mistake on the phone. Through my experiences with the DMV, I had a feeling I would have to go back in! I called when I got home and sure enough I would have to go back in and do the WHOLE process over again AND pay a fee for THEIR mistake! I am SO frustrated that I have to waste more of my time because of someone else mistake.

Although my last name is spelled wrong (it's missing one letter in my last name) we decided to go to Chase bank to merge our accounts. Luckily this was painless and we were able to do it quickly. Now, all the money we make is ours, rather than mine or his.

The last thing I have to do is change over my stuff at work for tax purposes. I'm so glad that all of this is coming to an end and that I'll finally be Mrs. Dobrowolski!

Even with the misspelling and the stress, I am so happy this whole process is coming to a close. It makes it feel more real and even more like we are really married. We are now sharing a life and the government acknowledges that. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a blog!! I'm so excited you started this! I LOVE the name (and I love the song it's from!)

    Sorry the DMV was so dumb!! Did you end up getting it fixed, or are you just going to leave it? Glad you were able to get the stuff at the bank done though!

    ReplyDelete