I can feel myself losing muscle! I have always loved food and eat a lot, albeit healthy food but I still love to eat! But I have to work out in order to do that. For some reason we just haven't been able to get back into biking. We've been back a month now (a month today) and I haven't lifted a finger. I need to get back on the bike and feel like I'm doing something. I guess I just feel gross since I'm not exercising and I also feel a lot more fatigued!
The last time I went out, though, I fell. We rode to Jersey and it was raining. There is a very steep hill on a somewhat busy road. There is a left turn half way down the road and I was going very slowly in order to make the turn. My front tire rolled over a manhole and since it was raining my whole bike just slipped and I feel over. My feet are clipped into my bike so I don't have the chance to put my feet down like you would on a regular bike. In a way, I'm a little scared to get back on the bike. But I'm also hating the way I feel lately. If I could just get back on the bike a few days a week I know I'd feel better. I'm in a wedding a few days after my birthday so I want to look good for that and not feel disgusting!
I would imagine that some of that is sheer post-wedding "blues". Not that you're sad. But leading up to the wedding can be exhausting whether we know it or not. So much planning. Energy. Focus. Months of it - and now that's "done." Fortunately or unfortunately - for us - we went right from our wedding to closing on our apartment and beginning renovation plans. I have no idea what life will be like after March when (fingers crossed) the BIG projects are done and things really normalize.... LOL
ReplyDeleteCraig,
ReplyDeleteI think you're right! I have sorta been mourning the fact that it's all over! It was the biggest day in my life and will remain that until we have kids. We spent so much time planning it and now that it's over I'm trying to get back to normal. It's hard!
I'm excited for you guys and your new apt! I'd love to hear about the renovation plans!